Investors Requirements on Sustainability Reporting
Cost Saving Opportunities based on Environmental Efficiency
Reputation and Branding
Optimal Valuation – Pre IPO or trade sale
“Turnkey helped us to measure our carbon footprint and identify areas for improvement. Through successful energy-saving measures in our plants, we have already reduced scope 1 and scope 2 carbon emissions and associated costs by 3.6% and 7.2% in Year 1 and Year 2 respectively compared with the baseline. Our goal is to further reduce scope 1 & 2 carbon footprint by an additional 10% over the next few years”
– Sustainability Director, Consumer Goods Manufacturer
- Pressure from investors to quickly develop sustainability strategy, data collection and monitoring process
- Working with unstractured, non-digitalised data
- Process Optimisation to increase company vauation
- Factory intensity on energy was above standard. Detailed energy audit was undertaken to review and develop processes to reduce energy costs and emissions by 15% to 18%.
- Intensity in one hub was running 20% higher per unit of floorspace compared to the rest of the operation. This insight allowed auditors to focus on the key areas where savings could be made.
- Productivity of compressors and machinery could be improved by a further 15% on existing efficiency levels through revised maintenance and architectural support. This also resulted in cost savings of approximately 10% on energy.
- Water wastage was high in one location. The KPIs allowed corrective action to be taken.
Energy intensity above average in one of the clients manufacturing hubs
Energy audit through Turnkey established significant cost saving potential
Evaluation of systems highlighted US$ 400,000 saving through enhanced practices
In year 2 the savings opportunity will be increased as we continue to examine other key energy, water and waste optimisation strategies, including operational risk assessments